Talented people like you want to join a cpa firm that offers an opportunity to learn and grow in your career. You’re looking for a place with a great culture, a respect for work/life balance, and a firm that rewards performance and recognizes great work. You found us. We are Thousand CPA, a boutique firm in Chesterfield, MO, and we are growing.
We pride ourselves in providing work life balance but here are some additional items we feel strongly about:
- Being an excellent communicator (verbally & written). Because you will have direct client contact, we want you to be able to communicate clearly to the client as well as the other members of the Thousand CPA Team
- Great teams are better than the all-star players. No matter how great someone’s ideas, they’ll be improved upon collaboration. No one person is more important than our team! We use team meetings to seek input on decisions, the outcomes are always better when we get input from everyone!
- Promotions are earned by hard work, not years of experience! We don’t believe that you must be in one position for 3 years “just because”. We believe if you can do the job, it’s yours to take whenever!
- Positive attitudes = success! Everyone should enjoy their job! It makes you a better team member which leads to better co-worker relationships and successful client relationships.
- TECHNOLOGY! We love efficiencies from technology
More on work life balance:
WORK-LIFE INTEGRATION is key! We call it integration because we don’t always want them to balance! Sometimes we have more life than work; sometimes we have more work than life! Thousand CPA rewards those times when it’s work that is weighing the scale more, with benefits such as:
- Office is closed the entire WEEK after the tax deadline! We want everyone to celebrate LIFE and come back rested!
- Flex-time Fridays outside of tax season
- Fun team building events – mealtime prep to help during tax season, picnics, parties that always include spouses and sometimes kids/dogs
- No 2nd tax season! We do not have an extension tax season that includes weekend work
Do you fit?
Multi-tasking isn’t something you can manage pretty well; it’s one of your strongest qualities! You enjoy the balancing act of working on multiple clients a day!
- You don’t like to be micro managed. You can manage expectations and your own timeline.
- You have a highly self-driven sense of motivation.
- You are a genuinely happy and positive person most of the time! (We all have our bad days!)
- You are eager to learn! You are eager to teach and be a member of a team!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or CPA eligible a strong plus
- 1 – 4 years of experience in tax
- 1 – 4 years of experience in accounting
- Establishing working relationships with clients
- Preparing/Reviewing monthly accounting & tax returns
- Business networking and meetings with client prospects
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation according to experience
- 2 additional paid days off to give back to the community. One is a team event, one is your choice.
- 401k match
- Health insurance